I took advantage of the lack of school yesterday and went up with my dad to Charlottesville. UVA offers tours for pre-college kids like me who want to see how things go. It was really nice. A dean came in and talked for an hour or so then two student volunteers took us around the grounds. Yeah but now I know what universities are looking for as far as high school classes and entrance essays and important things like that go. Whoopie! It was fun though. Very informative. And it only lasted a couple hours. If anybody has a weekend where there's nothing going on, I'd definitely suggest checking it out. I know during the week the tours start at 10:00 in Newcomb Hall. Or that was the case when we went up. Anyway, it's helpful. What they were talking about with admissions and courses can be applied to any similar college.
Something I learned: there is no free parking at the corner.
So Tuesday was great. We should start going to school every other day.
16 years ago



2 comments:
we should make a road trip up (or down?) to VCU sometime!
I was thinking about attending one of those on the tuesday we had off, but I had to go to Governor's School. Good to hear that it as a success.
Post a Comment